How do you feel about going to the dentist?
It is rare that you ever read on Twitter or Facebook "I'm at the dentist ..... so excited to have my teeth cleaned!" In fact, it's estimated that 75% of Americans have some type of dental phobia, so it's not just that they do not like visiting their dentist, but they are actually scared of having their teeth examined.
Take a look at the top 5 reasons why you shouldn't hate visiting the dentist:
- Dentist want to help you, not torture you! Most dentist go into the field because they like to help people look and feel their best. Their job is to keep your mouth healthy and your smile beautiful. - keep this in mind during your next visit with Dr. Dunlap.
- One bad dentist can't ruin your teeth for life! So many people have had a bad experience with one dental provider, it prevents them from trying another. Dr. Dunlap will ease your worries.
- A healthy mouth is a healthy heart! It's a known fact that your mouth is a direct tunnel to your blood stream. Gum infections in your mouth can eventually affect your heart. Scary huh? That's why you must get approval from a dentist prior to any major heart surgery. It's been proven that periodontal disease and / or gum disease are connected to heart disease. If you're eating oatmeal and watching your weight, you should also be seeing a dentist. Going regularly and keeping your teeth clean, helps to eliminate the chance of spreading an infection from your mouth to your heart.
- They're there when you need them! Almost everyone has been in a situation where a filling has fallen out or a tooth has cracked and you need dental care urgently because of the pain.
- A healthy smile can get you a job! What's the first thing people see when they meet you? Your Smile! Having a bright smile and healthy gums during a job interview can give you the edge over other applicants. Visiting Dr.Dunlap can provide you with that smile! Discussing cosmetic dentistry such as veneers and whitening options is not just a superficial procedure, but an investment in your future.